Thursday, November 10, 2011

Who am I?

Over the past week, I've attempted to write on the "About the Muser" section. Almost five times. I get about a sentence into it, and then I backspace until that one sentence is gone. So, here I sit at a great little coffee shop called Gear-Up writing about how I can't decide how to write about myself. It's caused quite a division in my mind, really. I've had this question in my mind all week, "who am I?" How in the world am I supposed to explain who I am in a few paragraphs? There is so much more to a person than words. Yet, it's all I can think about lately. Somehow, questions have been asked of me lately, such as; what are your dreams? Who are you living for? Are you motivated enough for the things you say you want to do? Okay, good questions. 


About a year ago, I came to a conclusion about how people are so worried about what people think of them, that all they can think about is how they're presenting themselves, and how they want to act. It causes multiple personalities. You're this way with one person and then that way with another. Then a confusion enters our minds of, "who am I?" Well, I decided that it's silly to ever really think about the little details of who I am, and I'm just supposed to live and not worry about acting certain ways for certain people. I am who I am. I'm serious, but I'm silly. I'm broken, but I'm whole. I'm confused, but I'm certain. I'm selfish, but I'm loving

I can't sit here and truly explain to you who I am. I could give you a hundred small details about myself, but only God really knows, and I think my identity lays a lot safer with Him than it does with me. So, if you were to ask me about myself, I might give you the usual response of how old I am and then something that I enjoy doing. I shall create myself with actions, not words. So, I deleted the "About the Muser" section. For now. 

"I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours"
-Casting Crowns

4 Comments:

Dawnee said...

I think this is a perfect post that could actually have been copied to the "about" you section!

Jennifer said...

I really think the "about me" section is the hardest part of blogging!

Unknown said...

I was going to say what your momma already said! I love it. It is the hardest part for me to. I always want to rewrite it.

Anonymous said...

this was pretty dang awesome.

Post a Comment

I'd love it if you would leave me a comment!